Do you ever regret posting something almost as soon as you do it? Thankfully that doesn’t happen to me often (I tend to rethink and rephrase things a lot before posting. Especially on Facebook, but that is another story.) Right after I posted this post mentioning that I was in a bad mood I felt a strong urge to take it back. I like to be honest with my blog friends though, so it stays.
Thankfully, right after that I started looking at a few of the blogs on my blogroll and saw Bethany’s Summer 2011 b*list on b*spoke, which cheered me right up. Maybe it was that sunset (sunrise?) picture with the kayak. Something about making a wish lists makes my day so much better (which was the reason for this one way back in September). I’m not sure if it’s the reminder that I have a lot to be thankful for, the realization that a lot inexpensive & achievable things make me happy, or what. Something about looking at pretty, summery pictures and making a list helps, whether it’s a list of things to do, things to make, or things to buy (maybe this is the idea behind Pinterest? or why so many of us find it addictive?)
With that in mind, here is my list for this summer.
- Friends & family.
- Bike ride.
- Day trips.
- The patio.
- Throw a party.
- Frozen yogurt. So far so good on this one, haha.
- Paint the house? (ps- we’re thinking about tan now instead of yellow.)
- Make lemondade.
- Finish guest bathroom.
- List more things on Etsy.
- Tybee Island Lighthouse.
- Outdoor shower plumbing.
- Figure out a way to keep the CJ-7.
- Go to the beach (in the CJ-7) a lot. What is it about wind and waves that is so relaxing and stress relieving?
- Sunrise on one beach, sunset on another. This idea was pitched by Robert’s dad at my birthday party in Feb, and it sounds like an excellent day.
What is on your list for this summer?