Like some crazy people out there most people, we often make lists of things that need to be accomplished on the weekends (and occasionally these lists are a bit ambitious). This weekend, that list revolved mostly around taking down Christmas decorations and some general clean up that hadn’t fully taken place over the holidays. In the interest of not reinventing the wheel, we have linked to other blogs who did great posts on a couple of these subjects.
Also for the sake of irony (and because we didn’t post one earlier), here is our Christmas Tree.
Need To Do This Weekend
- Quick whole house clean up
- Caulk living room windows – Katie Bower on Weatherizing for Winter
- Pack up indoor Christmas decorations & take down tree – Rebecca on De-Christmasing (lots of other blog-world-peeps have posted on this subject, but Cait & I read this one most recently…and liked it)
- Take down outdoor Christmas lights
- Put door sweep on back porch screen door to keep damn leaves out
- Scrub kitchen&bathroom floors
- Paint trees on living room wall
- Recycle grocery bags and newspapers
Would Like To Do Today/Soon/Before We Die
- Finish backdoor curtain (I ironed, it’s her turn now)
- Start living room curtains
- Stencil doorway between dining room and kitchen
Cait will be back later with another post about the backdoor curtain and one about why our library looks like this (which is sad…and may involve a floating rug for which we would rather not be hated) :